Our park teams are led by a General Manager and have a number of Heads of Department or HOD's which form a part of the park leadership team. Regardless of role they fulfil, the overall aim is about being an antidote for daily life and therefore our parks being a 'breath of fresh air' for our holidaymakers and owners.
Supporting each other to deliver a set of crystal clear set of values ensuring that all team members help to create amazing experiences and memories for our guests, equally focussing on standards and services at all times.
We describe our team members, at all levels, as 'bright and breezy' people and you will need to have the right attitude for consistently living by dare to care, yes I can, keep it simple, make it fun and do the right thing for our guests.
All our Team Members aim to deliver this at all times, enjoying working in a busy, fast paced, fun and challenging environment.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the Following:
• Maintain site standards to the highest level meeting the performance criteria laid down by Bourne Leisure and Fuel Supplier.
• Ensure that excellent customer service is a daily priority and promote this culture to the team. Maintain staff training, development and motivation on site to ensure a satisfactory working environment.
• Ensure the site is fully staffed and labour hours/costs are controlled within agreed budgets (Including arranging cover for staff illness). Ensuring the site is open for trading at all designated times.
• Minimise stock and cash losses though the effective cash handling procedures and systems.
• Ensure the site is open for trading at all designated times.
• Ensure all staff are trained in line with the company’s training policy and other regulations governing the operation of a petrol forecourt.
• Ensure all site administration is carried out in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Ensure all monies are banked in accordance with laid-down banking procedures (Including the recording of fuel cards).
• Ensure that all efforts are made to optimise the availability of dry and wet stock on site by liaising with relevant suppliers and Head Office as applicable.
• Maintain staff training, development and motivation on site to ensure a satisfactory working environment.
• Report any repairs or maintenance requirements on a timely basis to the relevant party to ensure that quick and efficient solutions are achieved (e.g. MDM, Tokheim, Temtec, Site Maintenance etc.…) .
• Implement all marketing instructions, planograms, product listings and stock ordering procedures in accordance with Gulf, Nisa etc....(Posters must be in date and relevant).
• Maintain dry stock holdings on site within agreed budget limits.
• Manage and control dry stock product and pricing to achieve target margins, minimise waste levels & satisfy trading standards.
• Manage and control wet stock maintaining a profitable/competitive margin including monitoring of competitor site fuel prices.
• Ensure the security of all stock, cash and personal belongings on the premises.
• Ensure all site activity is compliant with Bourne Leisure’s Health and Safety Policy, and is in conformance at all times with all regulatory requirements (Including daily monitoring of Online Wetstock website).
• Act always to protect all Bourne Leisure’s assets upon the site, and ensure the proper use of such so as to maximise the lifetime of the assets.
So, if you want to give your career the break it deserves then look no further.........